Feb 15, 2013, 12:50 PM EST
Chase Utley gave his first press conference of the spring this afternoon down in Clearwater, Florida and dropped some crazy info nobody really anticipated. Utley said he essentially never stopped playing baseball this offseason — a much different approach than he took in years past.
He took ground balls on a couple of times per week out at the University of San Francisco.
He took 50-80 ground balls twice a week to start, then gradually upped it to three times a week, and has been doing it 3-4 a week recently.
The biggest takeaway was the change in Utley’s offseason workout plan. He said what he had done in the past obviously didn’t work for him, so he changed it up.
“I feel pretty damn good right now,” he said, much to the joy of Phillies fans everywhere.
|db21 on Connor Barwin says Eagles used…|
|2sentz on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|thisguy on Philly WrestleMania update: no…|
|Chris on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages