Feb 15, 2013, 12:50 PM EDT
Chase Utley gave his first press conference of the spring this afternoon down in Clearwater, Florida and dropped some crazy info nobody really anticipated. Utley said he essentially never stopped playing baseball this offseason — a much different approach than he took in years past.
He took ground balls on a couple of times per week out at the University of San Francisco.
He took 50-80 ground balls twice a week to start, then gradually upped it to three times a week, and has been doing it 3-4 a week recently.
The biggest takeaway was the change in Utley’s offseason workout plan. He said what he had done in the past obviously didn’t work for him, so he changed it up.
“I feel pretty damn good right now,” he said, much to the joy of Phillies fans everywhere.
|Matt S. on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|galasso2586 on What happens on April 4th,…|
|eaglegreen on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return