May 10, 2011, 1:27 PM EST
Don’t look now, but the Phils’ second baseman may be inching closer to his big league return. The Daily News’ Paul Hagen reports that Utley will make his first rehab start in Clearwater tonight, and as Hagen’s colleague David Murphy points out, it’s the All Star’s first action on back-to-back days.
The news is good, but I just hope neither the Phillies or Utley are rushing his return. They could use a little more production in the lineup, yet they are winning ballgames without him. It won’t do the club a lot of good if Utley helps them to a handful of extra wins over the summer, but isn’t a factor once the post-season rolls around.
Of course, no word so far on when he might be available for Charlie Manuel’s lineup card, but it should be no later than May 30. The Inquirer’s Matt Gelb reminds us official rehab assignments are limited to 20 days.
|Matt S. on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|braindead on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|nyphilsphan on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|caliphornian on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages