Jun 25, 2012, 11:51 AM EST
Unless Chase Utley wanted to train to swim alongside Michael Phelps at the London Olympics, his time at Waterworld Park in Clearwater appeared to be over this weekend. Today, via email from the IronPigs, the next stop on his road to Citizens Bank Park was revealed.
According to the IronPigs, Utley will play on Tuesday at Coca-Cola Park:
beginning of the season due to chondromalacia in his left knee, is
scheduled to continue a Major League rehab assignment when the Lehigh
Valley IronPigs host the Rochester Red Wings on Tuesday at 7:05 p.m.
As Jim Salisbury reported over the weekend, after playing at Lehigh Valley on Tuesday, Chase could return to the big club as early as Wednesday at CBP when the Phillies take on the Pirates.
GA tickets for Tuesday’s IronPigs game are still available.
Also of note, “Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Network is the exclusive sponsor of all Major League rehabilitation appearances at Coca-Cola Park.”
Chase Utley is the Good Shepherd.
|Marvin Monroe on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|somekat on Photo Essay: Patrick Chung wre…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|t800m101 on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages