Mar 19, 2012, 11:15 AM EDT
After releasing a statement earlier Monday saying that Chase Utley’s rehab had hit a plateau and that Utley will be leaving Clearwater to see a specialist, Ruben Amaro Jr. told reporters that it’s also unlikely that Utley would start opening day. Instead, shortstop prospect Freddy Galvis will look to transition to 2B and could be your opening day starter in place of Chase.
Ruben says opening day unlikely for Utley. Condition in both knees. Won’t say where utley went. Galvis the guy at second.
— Jim Salisbury (@JSalisburyCSN) March 19, 2012
Last year it was Utley’s right knee. This time it’s both, and Ruben says left is worse of the two.
— David Hale (@DavidHaleTNJ) March 19, 2012
|Andrew Kulp on Safety First: Eagles agree to…|
|db21 on Safety First: Eagles agree to…|
|ochospantalones on New Eagles linebacker was Aber…|
|iglue on 3 Stars: Ref disallows late go…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return