May 23, 2011, 3:39 PM EST
It’s finally official. Chase Utley’s name appears on the Phillies lineup card this evening, penciled in behind Jimmy Rollins and ahead of Placido Polanco. They’ll face Reds’ right-hander Bronson Arroyo, a guy Utley has been relatively successful off of over his career (5-12 with 4 RBIs and a HR).
If you’re not convinced Utley’s mere presence will help this struggling offense, take a look at some of the numbers pulled together over at Crashburn Alley. It’s not entirely about Utley being back in the lineup, it’s also about not having to pencil in Wilson Valdez, Pete Orr, or Michael Martinez on a daily basis.
The rest of the lineup tonight is pretty interesting, with Howard, Ibanez, Ruiz, Brown, and Mayberry rounding it out. Mayberry will play center and Brown will man right field.
Much more coming on Utley’s return.
|dialectician on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|willh888 on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|mike on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
|No Hope on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages