May 23, 2012, 3:34 PM EDT
The Phillies will try to salvage an ounce of dignity this evening by giving it their best to avoid another sweep at the hands of the Nationals. They’ll also attempt to put a halt to their season-long four-game skid.
Charlie Manuel will get his best player back this evening after Chooch was ejected from the game last night for telling the umpire Roy Halladay’s pitch was a good one.
I just love the way Chooch tells it.
Chooch says he just said “that’s a good pitch” and didn’t swear at ump. “I don’t know why he had to throw me out.” #chooch
— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) May 23, 2012
I don’t know why he had to throw you out either, Chooch.
It’s Cole Hamels (6-1, 2.48) againstright-hander Edwin Jackson (1-1, 3.31).
No Jimmy Rollins again this evening. J-Roll is probably off getting a crash course in changing a diaper.
7:05 from CBP. Sixers are across the street so plan accordingly.
Lineup vs. WAS: Pierre LF, Polanco 3B, Pence RF, Ruiz C, Victorino CF, Wigginton 1B, Galvis SS, Fontenot 2B, Hamels P
— Phillies (@Phillies) May 23, 2012
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
|Scott B on What happens on April 4th,…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return