May 31, 2011, 6:33 PM EDT
According to the digital thermometer on Weather.com it was 92 degrees less than an hour before first pitch for tonight’s game at Nationals Park, but it *felt like* 99 degrees with all that damn humidity. That sounds like hittin’ weather for the Phillies with right-hander Jason Marquis (5-2, 4.26) on the mound for the Nats this evening. Washington’s offense will have a tougher go of it, with Cliff Lee (4-4, 3.50) going for the good guys, but as yesterday showed us, home runs can come off anybody. Even the Doc.
Per the game notes, the Phillies are hitting .284 with 35 extra-base hits (24 2B, 3B, 10 HR) and have scored 49 runs in 8 games since Chase Utley returned on May 23rd.
Utley also has great career numbers against Marquis (13 hits in 28 at-bats)
Big Mike’s Back, Kendrick to Start?
LHP Mike Zagurski was recalled from triple-A Lehigh Valley today as Vance Worley was optioned to the IronPigs. Word on the Tweets is that Kendrick will make the start over the weekend against the Pirates instead of skipping the 5th starter’s spot in the rotation.
First pitch from DC scheduled for 7:05 pm.
|aspohr89 on It doesn’t matter what w…|
|Tom on Union have real chance to make…|
|Craig on It doesn’t matter what w…|
|t800m101 on Interesting theory on Jake Vor…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money