Sep 18, 2012, 10:34 AM EST
Perhaps the biggest positive of the final few weeks of the Phillies season has been the return to dominance of Cliff Lee. He was never nearly as bad as some may have thought earlier in the season — he was actually pretty good all along — but luck simply wasn’t going his way. But now that he’s seemingly locating at will and using all of his pitches effectively, he’s been dominant.
Cliff pitched eight fantastic innings on Monday night against the Mets on the way to a 3-1 Phillies victory to move them to within 3.5 of the final wild card spot.
The offense was led by a big night from Jimmy Rollins. He got things going early in the first with a little hustle after striking out in his first at bat but getting on base with a past ball on strike three. He eventually scored on a fly ball to shallow center with some aggressive base running.
Jimmy and Dom Brown added solo shots later in the game to give Cliff some room. They were two of the stranger home runs at CitiField. J-Roll’s was actually ruled a triple at first before being reviewed by the umps while Dom’s bounced off the top of the wall and over.
Full recap of the win here.
|The Bees Knees on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
|Northeast Philly on Philly WrestleMania update: no…|
|Hiccup on The current Papelbon header on…|
|Hiccup on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages