May 16, 2011, 3:39 PM EST
The Phillies are coming off of two straight frustrating losses, including yesterday’s complete game effort by Roy Halladay which didn’t get the job done. It wasn’t necessarily Roy’s fault, obviously, as the offense once again failed to do much of anything. But Halladay was uncharacteristically walk-y, and did hand over a late lead.
No matter now as the Phils have a quick turnaround in St. Louis during “squeeze week” as Wheels told us about yesterday. “Squeeze week” was a term Wheels said former Phils broadcaster Andy Musser used to call a pair of two game series — something about squeezing them in. We enjoyed learning the new Wheels-ism.
The Phils will face some real tough pitching over the next week or so against STL, COL, and TEX, but the good news is they start out with a favorable matchup this evening with Cliff Lee (2-3, 3.78) taking on Jake Westbrook (2-3, 6.92).
While Halladay wasn’t his best yesterday, the offense was far worse, failing to convert on a handful of opportunities.
Whoever puts the Phillies game notes together at least has a nice sense of humor:
As if those RISP numbers didn’t have you down, get a load of this lineup. Placido Polanco is not in this evening’s starting lineup. He says it’s just a day of rest. Instead, Wilson Valdez will work the hot corner. Jimmy, Valdez, Ibanez, Howard, Mayberry (CF), Benny, Orr, Chooch, and Lee.
First pitch scheduled for 7:05 from Busch Stadium. We don’t even need “everybody” to hits, just one or two guys in a key situation, na’mean? It’d be nice. Plus, you owe Cliff some support.
UPDATE: Vance Worley has been optioned to make room for Roy Oswalt.
|t800m101 on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|G_E on GIF: Jason Kelce’s beard…|
|G_E on Photo Gallery and Tweets: Linc…|
|mickthedick on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages