Apr 21, 2013, 5:14 AM EST
Cliff Lee was not himself on Saturday night in the Phillies 5-0 loss to the St. Louis Cardinals in South Philadelphia. Lee, who has been known to go months without allowing a free pass, couldn’t find his control last night and walked three guys in one inning. He had allowed only one base on balls in his first three starts this season.
All three walks on Saturday came around to score eventually.
He talked about his lack of command following the game and made no excuses, stating he simply has to do a better job.
The Phillies drop to 7-11 and are currently 6.5 games back of Atlanta, 3.5 back of Washington, and — ugh — 2 back of New York.
Thankfully there is Miami to help our self esteem from evaporating into nothing.
“I mean, it kinda is what it is,” Lee added.
|brandonphilly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|Danimal on Nick Foles gets the Sports Ill…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages