Sep 1, 2011, 10:49 AM EDT
Cliff Lee capped off another month in which he put up ridiculous numbers, finishing the month of August with a 5-0 record and a 0.45 ERA. Put those numbers alongside his dazzling June and Clifton Phifer joins only two other pitchers in the history of the game to have two months in one season with a 5+ wins and no losses record and an ERA under 1.00. Those guys? You may have heard of them. Walter Johnson and Bob Gibson.
Cliff’s response when told about his latest bi-monthly achievement? From Jim Salisbury’s game story, which has much, much more on Lee’s brilliance.
“I hope I have a good September and October, too.” [video below]
It’s not often you see Ricky Bo gush about how great a guy is, so we thought we’d throw in this video for giggles.
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money