Sep 12, 2012, 3:24 PM EDT
The Phillies hand the ball to Cliff Lee this afternoon in a 4:05 start at Citizens Bank Park as the Fightins look to complete the sweep of the Miami Marlins to keep the postseason dream alive. Lee gets paid best-in-the-game type money, so now is as good a time as any for him to get an important victory for this club. He’s been solid all year, but just like the Phillies, the ball never seemed to bounce his way for the first few months. With the team’s luck taking a positive turn of late, why not Cliff’s as well?
Lee (4-7, 3.50) will face Marlins right-hander Josh Johnson (8-11, 3.81) who has gone through some struggles of his own in 2012.
The Phils will look to finish off a perfect home stand today after sweeping the Rockies over the weekend. The last time they won each game of a home stand that consisted of at least six games was way back in 2010. Glory days.
Scoreboard watching has turned rather fun as of late, so we’ll be doing plenty more of that today.
The Wild Card Standings Heading Into Wednesday Games:
GB 0 – Atlanta @ Milwaukee 8:10 (Maholm, 12-9, 3.67 vs. Gallardo, 14-8, 3.76)
GB 0 – St. Louis @ Padres 6:35 (Lohse, 14-2, 2.81 vs. Richard, 12-12, 3.78)
GB 1 – LA Dodgers @ Diamondbacks 9:40 (Harang, 9-8, 3.75 vs. Cahill, 10-11, 3.98)
GB 2.5 – Pittsburgh @ Cincy 7:10 (Burnett, 15-6, 3.68 vs. Bailey, 10-9, 4.03)
GB 4 – Philadelphia
GB 4 – Milwaukee (see Atlanta above)
GB 5 – Arizona (see Dodgers above)
Tonight’s Lineup, 4:05 start before heading to Houston:
Today’s lineup vs. MIA: Rollins SS, Pierre LF, Utley 2B, Howard 1B, Mayberry CF, Brown RF, Kratz C, Martinez 3B, Lee P.
— Todd Zolecki (@ToddZolecki) September 12, 2012
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return