Mar 27, 2013, 3:09 PM EDT
Cole Hamels threw his final game action of the spring this afternoon. His stuff looked sharp and honed, but his appearance was not quite Opening Day ready. Well, his facial appearance specifically.
According to Beard beat writer Ryan Lawrence, Cole was rocking a full beard for his start this afternoon, but his facial hair is not long for this world:
Cole Hamels on his now-full beard: “That thing is coming off. It’s hurting the appearance.” #BeardTalk
— Ryan Lawrence (@ryanlawrence21) March 27, 2013
Hamels tossed just three innings today, scaling back to get ready for the season opener, and allowed just one hit and one walk to go along with three strikeouts.
Opening Day is coming.
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
|Scott B on What happens on April 4th,…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return