Jul 19, 2011, 2:58 AM EDT
Before defeating John Cena on Sunday night and walking away from the
company as WWE Champion, CM Punk previously suggested he might defend
the title in other promotions. Is this just a photo of two guys who
know what it takes to be a champion, or could Cole Hamels be in line
for a shot at the belt?
As part of a much talked about angle
that has been garnering some mainstream attention, Punk defeated the
face of the WWE in front of his hometown Chicago crowd about one hour
prior to his contract expiring. The first order of business for the
Straight Edge Superstar: parade around Wrigley Field with the gold.
Hamels and manager Charlie Manuel were said to be seen hanging around
and having their picture taken with Punk on the field before Monday’s
game, as well as some members of the Cubs. Punk also threw out the
first pitch on Friday.
As for Monday Night Raw (spoilers), it turned out to be far more entertaining than the Phillies game.
were treated to the first two rounds of a tournament that will
supposedly crown a new WWE Champion, and chairman Vince McMahon was
informed by real life son-in-law Triple H that the publicly traded
company has charged the wrestler-turned-executive with taking over
If you’ve ever been into this stuff, the
last month has been great. If not… hey, look! There’s a picture of
Cole Hamels holding the WWE Championship.
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money