Apr 30, 2013, 2:06 PM EST
Poor Ezequiel Carrera. He was set to be in the dugout and
maybe even pinch run or something against his former club over the next two
days, but instead Carrera was designated for assignment to make way for
everybody’s favorite offseason acquisition.
Delmon Young has completed his rehab stint and was
officially activated on Tuesday, and Inquirer beat writer Matt Gelb adds Young
could be the designated hitter during the two-game series with Cleveland. He went
a combined 11 for 30 between single-A Clearwater and triple-A Lehigh Valley.
Young is probably fine as the DH for a couple days.
Detractors will point to his disappointing on-base percentage, but the man can
swing the bat well, and brings another right-handed bat with some power to the
lineup. Last year Young hit .267 with 18 home runs and 74 RBI in 151 games.
The real test is going to come later on this week against
Miami when Young inevitably winds up starting in right field. Get a load of
some of these gifs over at Crashburn Alley.
|Matt S. on Eagles officially the hottest…|
|SadKumquat on Peter King: Eagles ‘the disapp…|
|JMRA on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|AJockStrapFeely on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages