Did You Know the Phillie Phanatic Has a Chauffeur, a Tailor, a Personal Chef, and Awful Eating Habits?
Jun 25, 2012, 2:11 PM EDT
Tom Burgoyne and the Phillie Phanatic have been best friends forever, so nobody knows the big green guy more intimately. The folks at Uwishunu.com caught up with Burgoyne to talk about his furry pal and their chat revealed some facts about the Phillies mascot that we were not yet aware of despite our moderately large obsession with him.
According to Burgoyne, the Phanatic actually has a chauffeur, a chef, a personal trainer, a tailor, and even a dance instructor. As if getting to attend every baseball game at Citizens Bank Park wasn’t cushy enough. [video below]
Also, the Phanatic probably has really high cholesterol.
“When he’s not sleeping, or entertaining the fans, shooting hot dogs into the crowd, or spilling popcorn, he’s usually eating cheesesteaks from Tony Luke’s,” Burgoyne said of the Phanatic.
|brandonphilly on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
|CD on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|NBA lottery is rigge… on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|J on CEO Scott O’Neil promise…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money