Jul 16, 2012, 1:10 PM EDT
Our pals over at Beerleaguer ask the question this morning as to why the Phillies were scouting the Cincinnati Reds over the weekend? The answer is likely *not* to bring Wilson Valdez back to Philadelphia, but did you know the former Phillies reliever has seen time in center field for the Reds? I didn’t until this morning. The old goat is versatile, that’s for sure.
The crux of Beerleaguer’s post is that the first place Reds are in the market for a leadoff hitter and the Phillies have two players who could fit their need in Juan Pierre or perhaps Shane even Victorino. But who could the Phillies ask for in return? Drew Stubbs is a guy they say is “the type of project athlete the Phillies target.”
The chatter is only going to heat up. I think we’d all love to see Cole Hamels back in the fold next season and beyond, but after Cole, which potential Phillies trade bait would you be okay with seeing sent packing in the right deal?
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money