Mar 4, 2013, 10:17 AM EDT
All obvious “it’s just spring training” caveats apply, but damn it if it’s not good to see Ryan Howard and Dom Brown swinging big bats down in Florida this spring. Brown and Howard have combined for six home runs and a couple of them are still traveling down Alligator Alley.
They were back at it again yesterday. Brown destroyed a ball in the fourth inning (video) and Howard added one an inning later (video below). The Phils beat the Blue Jays 13-5.
Remember those reports early in spring of Howard looking nimble on the base paths? Even during his little trot here, his running doesn’t look great.
But it’s his swing we’re all most concerned about coming in to 2013 and Charlie Manuel likes what he sees. He has also been pleased with Brown’s spring to this point. Charlie talks:
|sumkat on As free agency opens, remember…|
|sumkat on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|financeptycom on Photo Gallery and Tweets: Linc…|
|duffman on One national writer thinks Eag…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return