Mar 4, 2013, 10:17 AM EST
All obvious “it’s just spring training” caveats apply, but damn it if it’s not good to see Ryan Howard and Dom Brown swinging big bats down in Florida this spring. Brown and Howard have combined for six home runs and a couple of them are still traveling down Alligator Alley.
They were back at it again yesterday. Brown destroyed a ball in the fourth inning (video) and Howard added one an inning later (video below). The Phils beat the Blue Jays 13-5.
Remember those reports early in spring of Howard looking nimble on the base paths? Even during his little trot here, his running doesn’t look great.
But it’s his swing we’re all most concerned about coming in to 2013 and Charlie Manuel likes what he sees. He has also been pleased with Brown’s spring to this point. Charlie talks:
|David Seasholtz on Looking back at Philadelphia p…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Barry on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages