Feb 21, 2012, 10:08 AM EDT
Older All-Star baseball players sometimes befriend younger, rising stars in the hopes of passing on some of the knowledge they’ve acquired over the years. Ryan Howard had famously befriended Barry Bonds a few years back. Today, we learn of young Dom Brown befriending and working with Gary Sheffield. [video below]
The Inquirer’s Matt Gelb informs us that the two struck up a friendship and that Shef tried to help Brown with his hitting at his Tampa area batting facility. Now, I’m not sure if we should be hoping for Shelffield’s insane bat wiggle or not — he did hit 509 career home runs — but some of that nasty bat speed would do Dom wonders.
Working with Sheffield apparently boosted Brown’s confidence and he expects to fight for a job on the 25-man roster and wants one badly. He’s also rocking a faux-hawk which you can kinda see here.
How awkward would it be if D-Brown showed up swinging like this?
|Jason R. on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|your a fool on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|phillyphanatic77 on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|Hiccup on Cliff Lee struck out 13 Braves…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money