Mar 16, 2012, 10:24 AM EDT
The D-Train will not stop in Philadelphia this summer as the Phillies released Dontrelle Willis on Friday morning. The hope with Willis was that he’d be a legit late-inning LOOGY option for Charlie Manuel out of the bullpen but he struggled this spring to find his command. Clearly the Phillies trust a number of their younger bullpen options more than Willis. He would have been one of the more fun players to have around — and we’re sad we won’t get to see him pinch hit — but his stuff just wasn’t working for him or the Phillies this spring.
Phillies have released LHP Dontrelle Willis.
— Phillies (@Phillies) March 16, 2012
UPDATE: According to Ryan Lawrence, Willis didn’t exactly have the best understanding of his contract a few weeks ago, thinking it was guaranteed.
|Sleezy Baby on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|jotaff on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Franchise on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|PurdueAlum or @cjray… on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money