Mar 16, 2012, 10:24 AM EST
The D-Train will not stop in Philadelphia this summer as the Phillies released Dontrelle Willis on Friday morning. The hope with Willis was that he’d be a legit late-inning LOOGY option for Charlie Manuel out of the bullpen but he struggled this spring to find his command. Clearly the Phillies trust a number of their younger bullpen options more than Willis. He would have been one of the more fun players to have around — and we’re sad we won’t get to see him pinch hit — but his stuff just wasn’t working for him or the Phillies this spring.
Phillies have released LHP Dontrelle Willis.
— Phillies (@Phillies) March 16, 2012
UPDATE: According to Ryan Lawrence, Willis didn’t exactly have the best understanding of his contract a few weeks ago, thinking it was guaranteed.
|craig on Quotable: Ruben Amaro Jr. says…|
|galasso2586 on Quotable: Ruben Amaro Jr. says…|
|Simmonds17 on This Grantland profile on Andr…|
|Lee Harvey on Nick Foles gets the Sports Ill…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages