Jul 20, 2011, 6:04 PM EST
Former Phillie and, more relevant to this writing, Cub, Doug Glanville was on hand at Wrigley Field Wednesday to throw out the game’s ceremonial first pitch. For a former major leaguer, this one didn’t exactly go as planned, with Doug air-mailing the plate in his return to the big leagues. In fairness, the guy played his entire career in the outfield. Had they backed him up another 200-feet, that thing would have been on the money.
Anyway, for those of you who haven’t been following Doug’s activities post-retirement, the former centerfielder is now enjoying a successful career as an analyst. Having been hired as a color commentator by ESPN in 2010, Doug has frequently appeared on both SportsCenter and Baseball Tonight, joining another former Phillie in John Kruk. He has also expanded his resume to include a role as a guest columnist for The New York Times. An intelligent, well-spoken, well-written individual, and, oh yeah, not too bad a ball player either, we remember fondly Doug’s time in Philadelphia and continue to wish him success.
Now watch him totally screw up this pitch after the jump…
Thanks to CSN Chicago for supplying the video.
|Jason R. on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|Webuppp on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|kirk on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Tito Santantana Offt… on Allen Iverson in latest Reebok…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return