Jun 17, 2013, 5:45 PM EDT
John Lannan hasn’t pitched for the Phillies since coming down with a knee injury on April 17. He’s come back just in time to start against the Washington Nationals, the club he departed during the offseason to join the Fightins.
For the Nats, this is likely no big deal. Lannan was expendable. He spent most of last season at Triple A after losing a spring training battle for the fifth spot in the rotation, and was non-tendered by the organization at the end of the year. They could have had him for nothing, and left him go.
For Lannan, it’s an opportunity to get a measure of revenge. More importantly, it’s also a chance to help his new club turn things around coming off of an abysmal road trip where they went 3-7.
Since the Phillies are coming off of that sort of trip though, maybe we should just embrace the player-versus-former-team angle.
#Phillies lineup: Revere, Michael Young, Rollins, Howard, Brown, Delman Young, Frandsen 2B, Quintero, Lannan.
— Martin Frank (@Mfranknfl) June 17, 2013
|eaglegreen on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return