Sep 30, 2011, 10:12 AM EST
The 2011 MLB Playoffs begin today with the ALDS. The Phillies won’t start their second season until tomorrow at 5:07 p.m. but they’ll be down at Citizens Bank Park this afternoon to get in a workout after having a much-deserved off day on Thursday.
Charlie Manuel and game 1 starter Roy Halladay will address the media. The 2011 NLDS logo is painted on the field. It’s almost go time.
While the Phillies were the best team in baseball for the 162-game regular season, those wins are now history. They’ve got zero wins in the playoffs, just like the other seven teams fighting for a World Series ring. It’s time for the aces to execute their game plans they’ve honed all season long, for the bats to live up to their potential, and for the Fightins to give Philly fans a show they want to see.
All we need now are some tickets.
photo by MLB
|2sentz on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Marvin Monroe on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|dawkisgod on Video: If Chip Kelly calls a […|
|David Seasholtz on Looking back at Philadelphia p…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages