Sep 30, 2011, 10:12 AM EDT
The 2011 MLB Playoffs begin today with the ALDS. The Phillies won’t start their second season until tomorrow at 5:07 p.m. but they’ll be down at Citizens Bank Park this afternoon to get in a workout after having a much-deserved off day on Thursday.
Charlie Manuel and game 1 starter Roy Halladay will address the media. The 2011 NLDS logo is painted on the field. It’s almost go time.
While the Phillies were the best team in baseball for the 162-game regular season, those wins are now history. They’ve got zero wins in the playoffs, just like the other seven teams fighting for a World Series ring. It’s time for the aces to execute their game plans they’ve honed all season long, for the bats to live up to their potential, and for the Fightins to give Philly fans a show they want to see.
All we need now are some tickets.
photo by MLB
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money