Apr 7, 2011, 3:50 PM EST
The New York Mets come into Philadelphia this
evening with a renewed hope of putting their laughable struggles of the
past few seasons behind them. It’s Cole Hamels job to take the first
step in squashing that hope, and demonstrating the Phillies are, once
again, the team to beat the the NL East.
The Mets have made some changes in their decision makers, but the
core of their team remains very similar to the team of the past few
seasons. That said, the Phillies are not looking past the Mets this
season. Charlie Manuel even thinks they’re going to surprise some
“When I look at their team, their starting pitching usually pitches
pretty good against us, especially three or four of their starters. They
still have Rodriguez at the back of their bullpen,” Manuel said. “If
you look at their lineup, they’ve got a pretty good lineup. They’re
going to win more games than people think they are.”
The Mets will throw their fourth starter this evening, the tall Chris
Young. That’s pretty much the most noteworthy thing about Young, that
he’s 6 feet, 10 inches tall.
“He’s Big,” Charlie Manuel said of Young. “He looks like he’s
standing right up on top of you. He’s not throwing the ball real hard.
But his fastball is sneaky. Sometimes he’s kind of wild enough to be
He’ll face the same Phillies lineup that started opening day, with
Shane Victorino back in the leadoff spot and playing center field after
getting the beginning to Sunday’s game off.
The Phillies will counter the Mets fourth starter with one Colbert
Hamels. Asked if it has hit him until now that Cole Hamels is his fourth
starter, Manuel had this to say, “It’s going to hit me tonight when I
get to see him.”
Should finally hit the rest of us too.
7:05 scheduled start time from chilly CBP this evening.
Utley Jog Watch
After reports this morning that Utley will be able to start jogging any day now, Ruben Amaro Jr. says Utley is, in fact, not close to jogging.
“He is not close to jogging. If he was close to jogging he’d be
jogging, I guess. He has taken some ground balls. He’s done okay with
that so far. But it’s still baby steps.”
So that’s neat.
Charlie was asked about Chase’s progress before the game as well.
slowly coming around. I watched him the last couple of days. He’s
starting to move a little farther each day,” Manuel said of Utley
taking more grounders prior to each game over the weekend.
|willh888 on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
|Matt P. on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
|The Evster on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
|Z on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages