Aug 8, 2013, 12:46 PM EST
The Twitter was a buzz this morning when word broke that Phillies 3B Michael Young cleared waivers and was later pulled from Charlie Manuel’s starting lineup. Many thought it meant that a Young trade was imminent. Alas, he’s just working with a sore hammy and Charlie took him out of the lineup.
Which leaves the Phillies with one wacky lineup for the 1:05 game this afternoon against the Chicago Cubs.
Kevin Frandsen leads off and Carlos Ruiz bats second. Okay then.
Your pitching matchup today is RHP Jeff Samardzija (6-10, 3.78) vs. RHP Ethan Martin (0-1, 12.46) who will look to put his rough first start behind him.
The Phillies may be bad at baseball but watching bad baseball sure beats working, doesn’t it?
— Phillies (@Phillies) August 8, 2013
|joe skal on Photo Essay: Patrick Chung wre…|
|BenE. on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|Mick on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|mike on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages