May 11, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
After an encouraging start to their West Coast swing during their first two games in San Francisco when they put up six runs each night, the Phillies offense has put up only six runs total over their last three games — all loses. At that rate you’re going to need Cy Young-caliber pitching to get wins every night. Good thing the Phillies have Cliff Lee throwing tonight. After last night’s loss, Charlie had a few Charlie-isms to say about that offense that has you so pissed before you go to bed.
“When you lose and you don’t hit, you can pick apart the game,” manager Charlie Manuel said. “You can do that every night.”
You certainly can. We’re all getting tired of it though. Just get some hits already. Lee (3-2, 3.26) takes on right-hander Trevor Cahill (2-3, 2.80) this evening for the Diamondbacks in an odd 8:10 ET start. Cahill has been very good for Arizona after a shaky start to the season. He’s allowed only five earned runs total over his last four starts.
Delmon Young is your right fielder and will bat fifth.
Phillies outfielders have a .615 OPS, worst in baseball. The next closest is Oakland at .650. Incredible discrepancy. — Matt Gelb (@magelb) May 11, 2013
Sat night’s lineup vs Arizona. twitter.com/JSalisburyCSN/…
— Jim Salisbury (@JSalisburyCSN) May 11, 2013
|Stan on ‘Iverson’ document…|
|Jason R. on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|2sentz on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money