Aug 7, 2012, 5:24 PM EST
The Phillies will look to do something they haven’t done all season this evening: beat the Braves at Citizens Bank Park — 0-4. In fact, the Phillies have lost seven in a row overall to Atlanta and eight of their last nine. The last time they beat the Braves at CBP the calendar read 2011. Philly futility against Atlanta may tell you a bit about why the Braves are leading contenders for a wild card berth and the Phillies are attempting to not finish in last place.
On the bright side, the Phillies turn to Cole Hamels (11-6, 3.34) this evening. He’ll go up against Braves lefty Mike Minor (6-7, 5.01).
Dom Brown is once again penciled in the two-hole despite the Braves starting a left-hander. As CSN’s “What you need to know” points out, Minor doesn’t exactly kill lefties. Could this be Charlie Manuel’s first step in testing the lanky youngster in an everyday-type role?
What else are you watching for when you tune into Phillies games at this point in the season?
7:05 from the Bank. Will it sell out?
Tonight’s lineup vs. ATL: Rollins SS, Brown LF, Utley 2B, Howard 1B, Mayberry CF, Kratz C, Schierholtz RF, Frandsen 3B, Hamels P.
— Todd Zolecki (@ToddZolecki) August 7, 2012
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|icdogg on Connor Barwin is … THE…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Mostel on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages