Aug 7, 2012, 5:24 PM EDT
The Phillies will look to do something they haven’t done all season this evening: beat the Braves at Citizens Bank Park — 0-4. In fact, the Phillies have lost seven in a row overall to Atlanta and eight of their last nine. The last time they beat the Braves at CBP the calendar read 2011. Philly futility against Atlanta may tell you a bit about why the Braves are leading contenders for a wild card berth and the Phillies are attempting to not finish in last place.
On the bright side, the Phillies turn to Cole Hamels (11-6, 3.34) this evening. He’ll go up against Braves lefty Mike Minor (6-7, 5.01).
Dom Brown is once again penciled in the two-hole despite the Braves starting a left-hander. As CSN’s “What you need to know” points out, Minor doesn’t exactly kill lefties. Could this be Charlie Manuel’s first step in testing the lanky youngster in an everyday-type role?
What else are you watching for when you tune into Phillies games at this point in the season?
7:05 from the Bank. Will it sell out?
Tonight’s lineup vs. ATL: Rollins SS, Brown LF, Utley 2B, Howard 1B, Mayberry CF, Kratz C, Schierholtz RF, Frandsen 3B, Hamels P.
— Todd Zolecki (@ToddZolecki) August 7, 2012
|Eng E on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|JJ on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|nahroots on Ryan Howard suddenly off to on…|
|Howie on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money