Aug 3, 2012, 4:37 PM EDT
Breaking news! Joe Blanton and Shane Victorino will be reunited.
The Phillies announced that Joe Blanton will not make his scheduled start tonight against the Arizona Diamondbacks because the L.A. Dodgers claimed him off of waivers and the Phils agreed to trade him to the playoff hopefuls in exchange for cash or a PTBNL.
The Phillies official statement:
Right-hander Joe Blanton was claimed off waivers and traded to the Los Angeles Dodgers in exchange for a player to be named later or cash considerations, Senior Vice President & General Manager Ruben Amaro Jr. announced today. To fill his spot on the 25-man roster, right-hander B.J. Rosenberg was recalled from triple-A Lehigh Valley.
Kyle Kendrick will get the start tonight.
Another member of the 2008 WFC hangs up his Phillies’ red for the last time.
We’ll always have that home run you hit against the Rays in Game 4, Joe.
Our original game chat was all about how tonight’s start for Blanton could be a trial of sorts for any team looking to claim him, so, we scrapped that obviously.
Kendrick takes on Ian Kennedy (9-8, 4.20) and the NL West-contending Arizona Diamondbacks. Playing spoiler to Arizona’s playoff hopes is something to root for at least.
|Z on New Eagles linebacker was Aber…|
|willh888 on New Eagles linebacker was Aber…|
|yishmeister on New Eagles linebacker was Aber…|
|red2gold on New Eagles linebacker was Aber…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return