Jul 25, 2012, 12:44 PM EDT
Phillies fans feel like they’ve already won today, what with Cole Hamels sitting in front of cameras and reporters and telling them how much the Citizens Bank Park faithful meant in the ace returning to Philadelphia.
Phillies fans love nothing if not being told how awesome we are.
But Cole will swap the suit for the red pinstripes and head out to the dugout with the rest of his teammates as the Fightins’ look for a sweep of the Brewers.
Chooch gets the day off, and that dude deserves it. What a clutch hit from Carlos last night with the bases loaded in the eighth. He looked gimpy attempting to leg out an infield hit earlier in the game, but Chooch battles through it all. M.V.P.
Last night’s other hero, Erik Kratz gets the start in his place. All that guy does is hit home runs.
Vance Worley is on the hill and will take on Marco Estrada. We’d tell you more about him but we were busy basking in the glow of Cole Hamels.
Let’s aim for not having to pull of another late-inning comeback and instead get ahead early today. What’dya say?
1:05 first pitch. Broom.
|Billl on New Logo for Citizens Bank = H…|
|twpguy1964 on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|andrewm on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|richie on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money