Jun 13, 2012, 5:35 PM EST
10 games back from the division-leading Washington Nationals just seems so much worse than 8.5 or 9. It’s double digits! Alas, that’s where the Phillies sit in the NL East as they get ready to take on the Minnesota Twins this evening at Target Field.
I suppose if you’re looking for something positive to latch onto, Cole Hamels is pitching this evening, the Phils will welcome Placido Polanco back to the lineup, and Jimmy Rollins swung a hot bat last night.
On the flip side, the bullpen is still the bullpen. Which is tough to watch as of late.
That’s why I won’t be watching tonight’s game. Okay, that’s not entirely true. I won’t be watching because I’m opting to take a jaunt to scenic Camden New Jersey to watch a musical concert by the Radio Head.
Here’s a quick note on the Twins’ starter this evening, right-hander P.J. Waters (2-1, 4.42) from CSN:
Walters, 27, signed with the Twins in December. He was part of the
seven-player trade between the Cardinals and Blue Jays last July that
sent he, Colby Rasmus and Brian Tallet to Toronto for Edwin Jackson,
Octavio Dotel, Mark Rzepczynski and Corey Patterson.
isn’t overpowering – his fastball averages 88 miles per hour. He also
throws a two-seam fastball, a slider, curveball and changeup. Walters’
first pitch has been a fastball to 69 percent of batters he’s faced this
1. Jimmy Rollins, SS
2. Juan Pierre, LF
3. Hunter Pence, RF
4. Jim Thome, DH
5. Shane Victorino, CF
6. Carlos Ruiz, C
7. Placido Polanco, 3b
8. John Mayberry, 1b
9. Michael Martinez, 2b
8:10 start from Minnesota. The 2012 Phillies. They wear you out.
|willh888 on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|mike on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
|No Hope on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|Mike T. on Take a hike, Tom Brady: Eagles…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages