Jul 23, 2012, 5:44 PM EST
While the Philadelphia Phillies (42-54) are a hefty 12 games under .500, the Milwaukee Brewers (44=50) are only 6 games below that mediocre mark, so maybe the Brew Crew still has an ounce of hope left in them.
Roy Halladay (4-5, 3.96) will take on Randy Wolf (3-6, 5.60) in the first of the three game set this evening. Wolf appears to be in the twilight of his career and has struggled this season. Halladay is throwing his second game back from the DL, so he could likely be on a pitch count as well.
One note on Halladay, he’s just 4 strikeouts shy of 2,000 for his career. Only Kevin Millwood and CC Sabathia are active 2,000K guys who reached it in fewer innings than Halladay would if done tonight.
As for the lineup: Placido Polanco is off with some back stiffness. Ty Wigginton starts in his place. Manuel opted to go with John Mayberry Jr. after a hot day at the dish yesterday with two home runs.
7:05 start. It’s pretty hot out there. Ball could be flying.
Here’s Sully with a preview:
|White Catholic NE Ph… on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
|Ken on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
|willh888 on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
|Kevin V on Photo Essay: Patrick Chung wre…|
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages