Apr 20, 2011, 2:50 PM EST
After a night in which his team couldn’t muster up much at the plate, despite getting three extra innings to try and do so, Charlie Manuel is going to mix things up a bit this evening by giving John Mayberry Jr. his first start in right in place of Ben Francisco who hasn’t fared well in his past few outings.
Mayberry has been great in a pinch-hitting role, but the only remaining Phillies bench player yet to get a start. Time for some action tonight.
Raul will bat fifth with Mayberry, Ruiz, and Valdez setting the table for Doc’s big bat behind them.
Roy Halladay (2-0, 1.23) will have to battle the weather (and perhaps the Wolf Pack as well) as he’s set to face former Phillie Randy Wolf (1-2, 4.32) who is getting the start for the Brewers. Wolf has pitched to mixed results in 5 career starts against the Phillies, 2-2 with a 5.10 ERA, but is 2-0 in three starts as an opponent at Citizens Bank Park.
Weather doesn’t look great tonight for the 7:05 start, but they’ll try to get it in.
VIDEO: preview of tonight’s matchup.
|craig on Quotable: Ruben Amaro Jr. says…|
|galasso2586 on Quotable: Ruben Amaro Jr. says…|
|Simmonds17 on This Grantland profile on Andr…|
|Lee Harvey on Nick Foles gets the Sports Ill…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages