Apr 20, 2011, 2:50 PM EDT
After a night in which his team couldn’t muster up much at the plate, despite getting three extra innings to try and do so, Charlie Manuel is going to mix things up a bit this evening by giving John Mayberry Jr. his first start in right in place of Ben Francisco who hasn’t fared well in his past few outings.
Mayberry has been great in a pinch-hitting role, but the only remaining Phillies bench player yet to get a start. Time for some action tonight.
Raul will bat fifth with Mayberry, Ruiz, and Valdez setting the table for Doc’s big bat behind them.
Roy Halladay (2-0, 1.23) will have to battle the weather (and perhaps the Wolf Pack as well) as he’s set to face former Phillie Randy Wolf (1-2, 4.32) who is getting the start for the Brewers. Wolf has pitched to mixed results in 5 career starts against the Phillies, 2-2 with a 5.10 ERA, but is 2-0 in three starts as an opponent at Citizens Bank Park.
Weather doesn’t look great tonight for the 7:05 start, but they’ll try to get it in.
VIDEO: preview of tonight’s matchup.
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money