May 8, 2011, 7:07 PM EST
For the second Sunday in a row the Phillies play in front of a national television audience as they host the Braves in the final game of their three game series.
Cole Hamels (4-1, 2.66 ERA) faces Jair Jurrjens (3-0, 1.52 ERA) in the rubber match. Hamels last faced Atlanta back on April 10th at Turner Field where he went seven shutout innings, giving up just four hits, striking out eight, and walking one en route to picking up his first win.
All he’s done since that start is go 4-0 with a 37/8 K/BB ratio. He’s gone at least seven innings in all five of his starts since he lasted just 2.2 innings in his season debut against the Mets. Hamels is 10-5 with a 3.72 ERA in 20 career starts against the Braves.
Charlie Manuel’s lineup against the righthanded Jurrjens reads Rollins (6), Victorino (8), Polanco (5), Howard (3), Francisco (9), Ibanez (7), Valdez (4), Sardinha (2), and Hamels (1).
While it’s a nice change of pace to watch and listen to a national telecast the flipside is that we’re due for at least 127 cheesesteak references, the misidentification of various CBP food purveyors, and lord knows what else may come out of Bobby Valentine’s mouth.
Please take the time to leave comments on the most absurd things seen and heard during the production. With any luck they’ll at least humor us and give us a Mother’s Day shot of Phoebe, the Phanatic’s mom (who has hopefully recovered from the fastball she took to the grill during the Phanatic’s birthday).
First pitch is scheduled for 8:05.
|Marvin Monroe on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|somekat on Photo Essay: Patrick Chung wre…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|t800m101 on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages