May 8, 2011, 7:07 PM EDT
For the second Sunday in a row the Phillies play in front of a national television audience as they host the Braves in the final game of their three game series.
Cole Hamels (4-1, 2.66 ERA) faces Jair Jurrjens (3-0, 1.52 ERA) in the rubber match. Hamels last faced Atlanta back on April 10th at Turner Field where he went seven shutout innings, giving up just four hits, striking out eight, and walking one en route to picking up his first win.
All he’s done since that start is go 4-0 with a 37/8 K/BB ratio. He’s gone at least seven innings in all five of his starts since he lasted just 2.2 innings in his season debut against the Mets. Hamels is 10-5 with a 3.72 ERA in 20 career starts against the Braves.
Charlie Manuel’s lineup against the righthanded Jurrjens reads Rollins (6), Victorino (8), Polanco (5), Howard (3), Francisco (9), Ibanez (7), Valdez (4), Sardinha (2), and Hamels (1).
While it’s a nice change of pace to watch and listen to a national telecast the flipside is that we’re due for at least 127 cheesesteak references, the misidentification of various CBP food purveyors, and lord knows what else may come out of Bobby Valentine’s mouth.
Please take the time to leave comments on the most absurd things seen and heard during the production. With any luck they’ll at least humor us and give us a Mother’s Day shot of Phoebe, the Phanatic’s mom (who has hopefully recovered from the fastball she took to the grill during the Phanatic’s birthday).
First pitch is scheduled for 8:05.
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return