Jul 1, 2012, 4:06 PM EDT
After getting DFA’d earlier in the week and requesting a trade, Chad Qualls has indeed gotten his wish.
As reported and abbreviated by Todd Zolecki, the Phillies have dealt Qualls to the Yankees for either cash or a player to be named later.
In 35 appearances with the Phillies, Qualls posted a 4.60 ERA and a 1.532 WHIP.
Believe it or not for all the talk surrounding his blowups, of which there were obviously enough, the beleaguered reliever did have periods of success. He gave up just one run in his first nine appearances, and after a dreadful month of May, pitched surprisingly well in June with two notable exceptions. Indeed, he gave up zero earned in 13 of his 15 trips to the mound in June, and held opponents scoreless in nine straight outings before his final implosion against the Pirates last Wednesday.
That said, both of those “notable exceptions” in June featured three earned. Let’s not even talk about May.
Leave your comments below, and enjoy these immediate reactions from the currently-logged-on-AIM Level staff here:
Enrico: “Maybe now they’ll have enough to re-sign Hamels.”
Kulp: “Maybe now they’ll have enough to Super Size their order.”
Nick: “Everyone knows you can’t do that anymore, Kulp.”
|eaglegreen on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return