Apr 10, 2012, 11:35 AM EDT
Jose Reyes and I looking for a place to have dinner in Philly where should we go?
— Hanley Ramirez (@HanleyRamirez) April 9, 2012
Doing a Twitter search to see what random people on the Internet have to say to famous people is always a fascinating thing. The results usually range somewhere between dumb and dumber, with a splash of racism/sexism/homophobia/trying-to-be-funny-but-failing-miserably mixed in.
Yesterday evening following the Marlins 6-2 win over the Phillies at Citizens Bank Park, Miami third baseman Hanley Ramirez took to Twitter to ask for a dinner recommendation in Philadelphia for him and teammate Jose Reyes. With the former Mets star being a beloved figure in this town, we figured the responses could be pretty decent.
They were not great.
Some people took Ramirez’s request for recommendations seriously and gave him some legit restaurants to try. Others invited the duo over for dinner at their house for pasta and chicken. One person suggested they not eat because Philadelphia is a vile place which must mean that all residents of the nation’s fifth biggest city must survive by photosynthesis or something. And about 50% of the people suggested fast-food chains.
Teammate and social media superstar Logan Morisson even weighed in.
— Logan Morrison (@LoMoMarlins) April 9, 2012
My favorites were those that suggested more scenic neighborhoods in the Philadelphia area.
— Smith (@phillysmith) April 9, 2012
|TartanSixNine on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
|FlyersFan on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
|willh888 on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
|Matt S. on Michael Carter-Williams is you…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money