Sep 30, 2011, 3:40 PM EST
CITIZENS BANK PARK — The Phillies were pretty much all business today during their workouts at Citizens Bank Park. There’s a good team in front of them in the St. Louis Cardinals but the Phillies feel supremely confident that they’re capable of beating them and advancing to the NLCS.
A couple of quick notes: David Herndon has been told that he will not be on the NLDS roster. He admitted to being a bit surprised at the move. Instead, it’s likely the Phillies decided to go with Joe Blanton out of the pen instead. Nothing is official just yet, but Charlie said during his presser that they’ll likely keep 11 pitchers.
UPDATE: It’s now official, the Phillies just tweeted the rosters: NLDS roster pitchers: Bastardo, Blanton, Halladay, Hamels, Kendrick, Lee, Lidge, Madson, Oswalt, Stutes, Worley.
The most interesting news of the day came when Tony LaRussa said he’s going to go with Chris Carpenter as the Cardinals starter in game two on Sunday night. Carpenter would be matched up against Cliff Lee and will be pitching on only 3 days rest for the first time in his career, according to Jayson Stark.
Jaime Garcia will start game 3 in St. Louis. As we noted yesterday, his numbers at home are much better than on the road. Additionally, there seems to be some concern about his confidence and pitching at Citizens Bank Park wouldn’t seem like a place to help build a young guy up.
Not much else of real interest to report. Ryan Howard says he only expects to need 12-15 tickets or so for the first part of the series in Philadelphia. I guess people don’t need to travel as much if they’re already in St. Louis.
|dawkisgod on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|Tom on The ‘Group of Death…|
|yishmeister on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|clmull on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages