Hunter Pence’s Mistakenly Sold Magic Bat Story Has Happy Ending for All Involved (Except the Bat, Which Is Still Broken)
Oct 25, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
Good news for all involved in the Hunter Pence broken magical bat saga!
A refresher for those who aren’t caught up: Hunter Pence had a pretty nifty hit in the NLCS during which a ball bounced off his bat three times in one swing. Lots of RBIs and Pence got a double out of it. The Giants won the game and advanced to the World Series. The Giants then subsequently sold the bat by accident after the game for a mere $400! Finally, the Giants went on a mission to try and get the bat back.
Which leads to this happy ending, via CSN Bay Area:
Alagna, the software engineer from Pleasanton who bought Hunter Pence’s
historic “triple-double” broken bat when it was somehow mistakenly put
up for sale in the team’s Dugout Store, volunteered to return the bat to
the team Wednesday.
In return, the Giants treated Alagna and his wife, Terri, to watch Game 1 of the World Series in a luxury suite — and not just any suite.
The Giants’ CEO’s suite! Plus they got to hang with Gaylord Perry AND they get to go back for Game 2 tonight.
AND they got their initial payment of cash for the bat back as well.
So the fan is happy and Pence got his beloved bat named Fryer back.
As the saying goes, “All’s well that ends in free World Series tickets.”
|Stan on ‘Iverson’ document…|
|Jason R. on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|2sentz on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money