Hunter Pence’s Mistakenly Sold Magic Bat Story Has Happy Ending for All Involved (Except the Bat, Which Is Still Broken)
Oct 25, 2012, 4:30 PM EST
Good news for all involved in the Hunter Pence broken magical bat saga!
A refresher for those who aren’t caught up: Hunter Pence had a pretty nifty hit in the NLCS during which a ball bounced off his bat three times in one swing. Lots of RBIs and Pence got a double out of it. The Giants won the game and advanced to the World Series. The Giants then subsequently sold the bat by accident after the game for a mere $400! Finally, the Giants went on a mission to try and get the bat back.
Which leads to this happy ending, via CSN Bay Area:
Alagna, the software engineer from Pleasanton who bought Hunter Pence’s
historic “triple-double” broken bat when it was somehow mistakenly put
up for sale in the team’s Dugout Store, volunteered to return the bat to
the team Wednesday.
In return, the Giants treated Alagna and his wife, Terri, to watch Game 1 of the World Series in a luxury suite — and not just any suite.
The Giants’ CEO’s suite! Plus they got to hang with Gaylord Perry AND they get to go back for Game 2 tonight.
AND they got their initial payment of cash for the bat back as well.
So the fan is happy and Pence got his beloved bat named Fryer back.
As the saying goes, “All’s well that ends in free World Series tickets.”
|Schmidsy on Video: If Chip Kelly calls a […|
|Marvin Monroe on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
|donny05 on Don Tollefson: Maybe not an al…|
|33 on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages