Jun 18, 2011, 1:20 PM EST
Raul Ibanez returned to Seattle last night for the first time as a member of the Phillies. He went 1-4 and was greeted warmly by Mariners fans. He spent parts of ten seasons in Seattle, accumulating some decent numbers along the way (.284, 127 HR, 547 RBI).
Recently, Phillies fans have become more and more vocal over his lack of range, declining throwing arm, and extended hitting slumps. However, there’s one person Raul became friendly with during his time in Seattle who likely remains firmly in his corner.
Check out this clip of Eddie Vedder talking about Raul as Pearl Jam helped to close out the Specturm back in 2009. What? You thought a Phillies visit to Seattle would pass by without me working in a Pearl Jam post? Really?
|Lol on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|brandonphilly on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|ifihad10weekstolives… on Sometimes you get kicked in th…|
|Andrew Kulp on 29th in the NHL in scoring, ha…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages