Jun 20, 2012, 11:52 AM EST
When not addressing SexGate in the dugout prior to last night’s drubbing of the Rockies, Phils’ GM Ruben Amaro slipped in a some updates about a whole of number of currently injured and/or rehabbing Phillies.
Amaro mentioned that reliever David Herndon was meeting with the famed Dr. James Andrews and may have even had Tommy John surgery that day, but that Amaro honestly didn’t know.
Turns out that was the case.
No more than two hours later, the Phillies confirmed that Herndon had undergone the surgery to repair his UCL, the recovery for which is generally about a year-plus.
In other injury news not pertaining to Chase Utley or Ryan Howard, Michael Stutes’ shoulder is apparently not trending in the direction the team would have hoped; they’re considering exploratory surgery to correct the problem.
Finally, Laynce Nix — yeah, remember him? — has a had “a little bit of a setback” in his recovery from a calf issue that’s kept him sidelined his early May.
Ruben used the word “setback.” I know, I know — I was shocked, too.
|BenE. on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
|Colin Firth on 29th in the NHL in scoring, ha…|
|mike on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
|FlyersFan on Yo, Flyers, start being selfis…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages