Jun 20, 2012, 11:52 AM EDT
When not addressing SexGate in the dugout prior to last night’s drubbing of the Rockies, Phils’ GM Ruben Amaro slipped in a some updates about a whole of number of currently injured and/or rehabbing Phillies.
Amaro mentioned that reliever David Herndon was meeting with the famed Dr. James Andrews and may have even had Tommy John surgery that day, but that Amaro honestly didn’t know.
Turns out that was the case.
No more than two hours later, the Phillies confirmed that Herndon had undergone the surgery to repair his UCL, the recovery for which is generally about a year-plus.
In other injury news not pertaining to Chase Utley or Ryan Howard, Michael Stutes’ shoulder is apparently not trending in the direction the team would have hoped; they’re considering exploratory surgery to correct the problem.
Finally, Laynce Nix — yeah, remember him? — has a had “a little bit of a setback” in his recovery from a calf issue that’s kept him sidelined his early May.
Ruben used the word “setback.” I know, I know — I was shocked, too.
|Gerald on Cole Hamels gives the most Col…|
|Brian on Cole Hamels gives the most Col…|
|willh888 on Jason Akeson doesn’t deserve t…|
|clubberlangphila on Michael Carter-Williams is you…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money