May 1, 2012, 2:24 PM EST
Placido Polanco played the role of the hero for the Phillies on Monday night, driving in the game-winning runs with a two-out double to the corner in left field. It was his biggest hit of this young 2012 season, which turns one month old tonight, and according to Reuben Frank, it was Polanco’s first multiple-RBI hit since last June. But could it be a sign of things to come?
36 years old and battling injuries for the past two seasons, Polanco often has been cited as an example of exactly what’s wrong with the Phils’ lineup. However, lately Polly is talking about adjustments he’s made at the plate, and it appears they may be beginning to pay dividends.
Placido Polanco’s last six games:
8 for 20 (.400), 2 doubles, 3 runs, 3 RBIs, 3 walks, 2 strikeouts, 1 sacrifice
Previous 14 games:
10 for 52 (.192), 1 double, 3 runs, 1 RBI, 1 walk, 6 strikeouts, 2 double plays
The numbers don’t lie. Polanco has been more productive in the last two series than he was in the previous five combined. He’s making more contact, hitting for more power, and getting the job done in the clutch. The obvious question is whether this is just a simple hot streak, or whether this recent trend can become the norm into the summer.
With his recent surge, Polanco is now hitting .250 for the season, with his on-base percentage one point under .300. Those numbers are still a ways off from his .300/.346 career averages, but at this rate, they are climbing fast.
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|db21 on Connor Barwin says Eagles used…|
|2sentz on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages