Sep 13, 2013, 6:14 PM EST
The Phillies could again play the role of thorn in the side of Nationals fans and their hopes of fighting for a wildcard spot in the final few weeks of the season. The two sides kickoff a weekend set this evening in Washington and the Nats are already feeling the pain.
The freakout began when word of Stephen Strasburg getting scratched hit Twitter earlier in the day. What would the oft injured pitcher be battling now? CSN Washington reports:
Stephen Strasburg was scratched before his expected start against the Philadelphia Phillies due to forearm tightness. The Nats’ ace felt the injury during a bullpen session on Thursday in New York, when he was experimenting with a new pitch.
“When he was playing catch he had some discomfort so he came in and got treatment,” Davey Johnson said. “The doctor in New York examined him and didn’t think it was anything serious, just that it was probably a little tired and tight so here we are. He’s not pitching.”
So the Phils won’t have to face Strasburg this evening but they’ll still have to deal with Jayson Werth who has been simply ridiculous at the dish as of late.
Ross Ohlendorf will handle the pitching duties in Strasburg’s place. Kyle Kendrick gets the honor for the Fightins.
7:05 from DC.
— Phillies (@Phillies) September 13, 2013
|joe skal on Photo Essay: Patrick Chung wre…|
|BenE. on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|Mick on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|mike on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages