Aug 23, 2013, 3:55 PM EST
This is where we’d typically make a joke about 90s Retro Night being the most interesting thing going on down at the ball park this evening but with the stretch of walkoff winners the Phillies have put together over the past few weeks, the Fightins have treated us to some pretty exciting late heroics.
Some fans, myself included one night a few weeks ago, have been a little lax about leaving to beat traffic before the final pitch has been thrown. The fight this team has shown has made those who opted to leave early pay — in shame, at least.
Three of Ryne Sandberg’s wins as Phils’ skipper have been walkoffs. So, no leaving early tonight as the Phils kick off a set with the Arizona Diamondbacks. Cole Hamels is on the hill this evening and will take on fellow lefty Wade Miley.
Jim Salisbury has a nice Q&A with Ruben Amaro today that is kind of a nice state of the Phillies read, which included this great follow up:
Q. Do you hear people saying the Phillies fired the wrong guy?
A. I do not. I’m sure that there are people opining in different ways, but I don’t listen to the radio. I don’t think it does me or the organization any good to listen to that kind of stuff.
Q. It’s not just on the radio, it’s all over the place. What about the notion of it? Does it bother you?
There’s also a frank bit about Papelbon where Ruben is asked whether the closer is a positive or negative influence. Worth a read.
7:05 from CBP. Don’t forget to bring your under-14-year-old cousin with you and steal their John Kruk action figurine. Also, Mitchy Poo will throw out the first pitch this evening. Hopefully we get a nice leg kick.
|SadKumquat on Peter King: Eagles ‘the disapp…|
|JMRA on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|AJockStrapFeely on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|luke jenkins on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages