Nov 3, 2011, 1:45 PM EST
Maybe they’ll resign Jimmy Rollins. Maybe Ryan Madson will be back. Perhaps they’ll sign a super utility player that can help fill in at first while Ryan Howard is out. But the biggest move the Phillies make this offseason could be one that nobody is talking about just yet. That’s how Ruben Amaro Jr. rolls. He’s constantly crafting deals in his head that many might think are impossible to pull off.
But by looking at his track record over the past few seasons, it’s foolish to say this guy can’t pull off a shocker again heading into 2012.
Free agency officially opened at midnight last night, and we’ll keep our eyes open for any moves that could impact the Phillies.
A couple of links:
-The Daily News’ David Murphy makes the case for the Phillies spending big money to bring back Ryan Madson
-Murph also has a list of 5 free agents to watch. The most interesting to me: Aramis Ramirez to play third and using Polly as a super-utility man.
-If you’re looking to refresh your memory on who is available throughout baseball this season, John Finger lists all the free agents with notes on who could fit in Philly
What would be your best case scenario? Are you in the Jose Reyes camp? Bring back Jimmy camp?
Here’s what Jim Salisbury thinks the Phillies free agent signings will look like:
|t800m101 on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|joe skal on Photo Essay: Patrick Chung wre…|
|BenE. on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|Mick on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages