Sep 27, 2012, 10:08 AM EST
Kyle Kendrick and his red hot late summer came back down to Earth last night against the Washington Nationals when he gave up three home runs in the first two innings and was promptly pulled after just 2.0 innings of work. Kendrick spoke after the game and made a point that it’s not easy being consistent in this game. If he went eight shutout innings every night he’d be the Cy Young.
Instead of 8 innings of shutout ball he finished with a line of 2.0 IP, 5 hits, 5 runs, 4 earned, 2 BB, 1 K, and those three long balls. Not consistent.
Not much of real interest came out of last night’s game. Jimmy Rollins went yard yet again. And Jayson Werth was making waves a bit — with both his bat and his antics.
As John Finger wrote last night, Werth got the last laugh this season with his Nationals heading to the postseason. Werth also made waves for faking a ball flip into the stands. Apparently he was just looking out for the children.
“Earlier in the game I flipped a ball into the seats to a fan and it
flipped off her hand and landed on someone else’s lap. Then a guy
reached over — a Phillies fan — and grabbed the ball off her lap and
threw it back onto the field,” Werth explained.
“In the ninth I
was going to flip the ball to a group of kids and behind them was all
these unruly, middle-aged men who to me appeared to be snarling. It’s
the ninth, so who knows. I got the sense that maybe they were
intoxicated. I was going to flip it to the kids and then thought maybe
not because of the group behind the little innocent children there,
remembering what happened earlier in right field.”
Appreciate the kindness of Werth to always keep the little innocent children first.
|Franchise on Marcus Vick: Nick Foles suppor…|
|connorgreg on Marcus Vick: Nick Foles suppor…|
|jpreshy on Watch Roy Halladay’s ret…|
|psudrozz on The 12 best photos from the Ea…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages