Aug 30, 2012, 5:14 PM EST
Jimmy Rollins has been known to commit the mortal sin against Phillies fans every now and again by not hustling to the fullest. Such an occurrence took place yet again today, with Rollins failing to really give it his all on the base paths on two separate occasions.
After letting J-Roll’s less-than-100-percent slide with nothing more than a talking to earlier in the month, Charlie Manuel acted this time, pulling Rollins from the game and replacing him with Michael Martinez at shortstop.
Charlie Manuel addressed the issue after the game, confirming he benched Jimmy for not going hard.
But that was the only party involved to comment on the issue. Sort of.
From beat writer Todd Zolecki:
“Hell, no,” Rollins said, when asked afterward if he planned to talk to
reporters. “He already told you what happened. There you go.”
There you go.
Oh, and the Phillies beat the Mets 3-2 behind another strong effort from Kyle Kendrick.
>>Rollins benched again [Zo Zone]
|joe skal on Photo Essay: Patrick Chung wre…|
|BenE. on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|Mick on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|mike on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages