Jul 9, 2012, 1:18 PM EST
It’s sad when the All-Star Break feels like mercy. Instead of celebrating a solid first half of the season from Cole Hamels, Carlos Ruiz, and Jonathan Papelbon while watching some exhibition baseball in Kansas City over the next few days, Phillies fans are instead looking forward to the fact that their favorite team can’t dig their 2012 grave any further.
And I don’t know about you, but I’m not going out of my way to tune in on Tuesday.
The Phillies finished up their first half yesterday by getting swept at the hands of the Atlanta Braves. The number in front of “games back” seems to get larger every day. Hope isn’t just fading. It’s gone.
The vibe surrounding this team was captured perfectly in five simple words from former NL MVP and clubhouse leader Jimmy Rollins following the game yesterday.
Phil Sheridan does a great job setting up the scene in the clubhouse following the loss. Players didn’t want to answer questions from the media, which is pretty much the norm with the Phillies after a loss. And Jimmy provided the most perfect of brush-off lines as he walked away.
“Don’t waste your time, guys.”
US Presswire photo
And just for fun, here’s Charlie on why Shane Victorino was scratched on Sunday
|db21 on Connor Barwin says Eagles used…|
|2sentz on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|thisguy on Philly WrestleMania update: no…|
|Chris on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages