Oct 3, 2011, 10:59 AM EST
Following Sunday night’s loss to the Cardinals, Jimmy Rollins took to Twitter as he’s been accustomed to do as of late. Young James said the fans were too quiet last night, which after sitting in the upper deck for the entire game, I’d have to agree with.
But after seeing Jimmy’s tweet, my immediate reaction was to respond “and so were the bats.” I didn’t need to say it, however, because I already saw multiple people sharing the same thought with Jimmy.
To Rollins’ defense, he wasn’t wrong at all. Citizens Bank Park was way too quiet for a playoff game. But the Phillies did only manage one hit after the second inning. That certainly didn’t help.
From where I was sitting and the people around me, it seemed like the crowd really wanted to get into it, but there were no plays on the field that allowed for any sort of sustained rally that could really wake the crowd up.
What comes first, a quiet CBP or quiet bats?
What do you think about Jimmy calling out the crowd? I feel like he could have done it in a much more encouraging way. Maybe say something about how “the team didn’t bring their A-game just like crowd failed to do on Sunday night. We’re going to step up our game and hopefully you fans can step up yours when we bring this thing back to the Bank.”
You know, a reality check with a rallying cry.
Do you have any problems with what J-Roll said or how he went about it?
|The Bees Knees on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
|Joe B on Photos: Temple Basketball will…|
|GregL190 on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|2sentz on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages