Sep 7, 2011, 1:33 PM EST
This is one of the more awkward stories I’ve seen in a while, but I guess if you’ve got an agent, it can’t hurt trying to put them to work for you. Those people make good money. One might guess that work usually doesn’t include trying to find you a date with a mermaid.
The New York Post has the story, “Philadelphia Phillies star John Mayberry Jr. may be on a
streak on the field, but he still needs his agent to get him a date.
His CAA reps have been trying to hook him up with stunning actress Antoinette Nikprelaj, who played a sexy mermaid in “Pirates of the Caribbean.”
They’ve also obtained what they claim are the emails Mayberry’s people sent out, including a bio of Big John touting he’s a Stanford-educated MLB player.
Heck, I’d brag if I went to Stanford and bashed home runs too. Not sure I’d use my agent to try and track down really, really good looking women though.
>>Phillies star seeks mermaid [NY Post]
Image via Deadspin
Update! Hunter Pence weighs in:
So does anybody want a date with Mayberry?….He’s Stanford educated….
|MJS on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
|baxter097 on Stop blaming Claude Giroux for…|
|galasso2586 on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
|t800m101 on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages