Sep 28, 2011, 10:38 AM EST
Sports Illustrated’s Jon Heyman writes about the looming free agency of Jimmy Rollins. There’s not a whole lot of new information, but he does have some quotes from J-Roll. The number thrown about is $12 million per season and Heyman quotes Jimmy as saying “Five would be great. Five would be the number.” Heyman also writes that Jimmy’s not afraid to leave Philadelphia after spending his entire career here. If Jimmy said he was afraid, then Jimmy wouldn’t be a very good business man.
But J-Roll does realize that Philly is the place to be for baseball players these days.
National League,” Rollins said of the Phillies the other day. “With
that being said, I’ve been here since I am 17. I never thought of going
anywhere else. But am I afraid to leave? Not at all. Nothing’s
permanent. I don’t get caught up to the point where it’s either this or
Jimmy’s contract situation is certainly not at the forefront of anyone’s minds right now as there is a much bigger challenge which must be overcome first.
But once that World Series thing gets settled, Phillies fans surely hope that the team and J-Roll can come to a fair number to keep No. 11 here for his entire career.
|Mike on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Mostel on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Dom on Why the upcoming free agency b…|
|The Evster on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return